The Investor Advisory Committee Announced
advise and consult with the Commission on—(i) regulatory priorities of the Commission; (ii) issues relating to the regulation of securities products, trading strategies, and fee structures, and the effectiveness of disclosure; (iii) initiatives to protect investor interest; and (iv) initiatives to promote investor confidence and the integrity of the securities marketplace; and (B) submit to the Commission such findings and recommendations as the Committee determines are appropriate, including recommendations for proposed legislative changes.
The Committee is to have no less than 10 and no more than 20 members, each appointed to a four year term.
In addition to representing the interests of senior citizens, the Act requires that there be representatives of State securities commissions. Members must include those who represent individual equity and debt holders (including mutual funds) and institutional investors (including pension funds and registered investment companies). Members must be "knowledgeable about investment issues and decisions" and "have reputations of integrity."
The members to the Committee include:
- Darcy Bradbury, Managing Director and Director of External Affairs, D.E. Shaw & Co., L.P.
- J. Robert Brown, Jr., Law Professor, University of Denver
- Joseph Dear, Chief Investment Officer, California Public Employees’ Retirement System
- Eugene Duffy, Senior Executive Vice President, Paradigm Asset Management Co., LLC
- Roger Ganser, Chairman of the Board of Directors of BetterInvesting
- James Glassman, Executive Director, George W. Bush Institute
- Craig Goettsch, Director of Investor Education and Consumer Outreach, Iowa Insurance Division
- Joseph Grundfest, William A. Franke Professor of Law and Business, Stanford Law School
- Mellody Hobson, President and Director of Ariel Investments, LLC
- Stephen Holmes, General Partner and Chief Operating Officer, InterWest Partners
- Adam Kanzer, Managing Director and General Counsel of Domini Social Investments and Chief Legal Officer of the Domini Funds
- Roy Katzovicz, Partner, Investment Team Member and Chief Legal Officer, Pershing Square Capital Management, L.P.
- Barbara Roper, Director of Investor Protection, Consumer Federation of America
- Kurt Schacht, Managing Director, CFA Institute
- Alan Schnitzer, Vice Chairman and Chief Legal Officer, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
- Jean Setzfand, Director of Financial Security for the AARP
- Anne Sheehan, Director of Corporate Governance, California State Teachers’ Retirement System
- Damon Silvers, Associate General Counsel for the AFL-CIO
- Mark Tresnowski, Managing Director and General Counsel, Madison Dearborn Partners, LLC
- Steven Wallman, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Foliofn, Inc.
- Ann Yerger, Executive Director, Council of Institutional Investors